Almost all the pro players are using W(forward), S(back), D(right), A(left), CTRL(crouch), SHIFT(walk), SPACE(jump), some of them like myself also jump with mousewheel down or up.
I like using binds for buying, for example:
- bind “kp_end” “buy ak47; buy m4a1”
- bind “kp_downarrow” “buy deagle”
- bind “PGDN” “buy awp”
- bind “kp_5” “buy tec9; buy fiveseven”
- bind “kp_rightarrow” “buy ump; buy ump45”
- bind “kp_home” “buy vesthelm”
- bind “kp_uparrow” “buy galil; buy famas”
- bind “kp_pgup” “buy vest”
- bind “kp_multiply” “buy smokegrenade”
- bind “kp_minus” “buy flashbang”
- bind “kp_plus” “buy hegrenade”
- bind “kp_enter” “buy molotov; buy incgrenade”
- bind “kp_del” “buy defuser”
I can buy faster and safer with binds, but some players are using the B key and numbers or clicking on weapons
Using bind for grenades
It’s really good to bind your smoke, flashbang, nade and molotov for a different key each because then you can use whatever you want fast and you don’t need to mess with switching to every grenade, you don’t waste time. My binds are:
- bind “mouse4” “use weapon_flashbang”
- bind “mouse5” “use weapon_hegrenade”
- bind “4” “use weapon_smokegrenade”
- bind “t” “use weapon_molotov; use weapon_incgrenade”
Graphics settings that I use
I use shadow on high only because you pretty much don’t need the other settings and with high shadow setting you can see the shadows much better, sometimes it’s even an advantage for you because you see the shadow earlier than you enemy. You can play with high graphics if you want your skin to be shiny etc., but for us, pro players, it doesn’t matter, so we rather play with a bit more fps then have shiny skins. Some players like using antialiasing, texture filtering etc.
Most pro players are using 1024×768 BlackBars but it’s only preference in my opinion. I like blackbars becasue you can focus more on the screen and your eyes won’t wander when you for example need to check the radar. Stretching the resolution is good too because then everything will be bigger and some players like it more. That’s why I’m saying it’s only preference in my opinion, everyone likes different stuff.
The only thing that I can recommend is use the music. Why is that? When the bomb timer hits 10 seconds, the music will start playing so you know you have 10 seconds to play with, even when you have no defuse kit. Even if some guy tells you that you have no time but you know you do because of the music.
I think it’s important also to see at least a half of the map on your radar so you can easier locate things on it.
I can’t really say anything about crosshair because everyone is using different ones so it’s also preference, some people changing it daily some using the same for years.
Most pro players use 400dpi or 800dpi and the sensitivity range for pro players is around from 1.2 – 3.6 (400dpi), you can also change zoom sensitivity, I recommend changing it a bit from 0.8 – 1.2.