The game has become fully free-to-play after Valve hinted at their plans of making it so with previous updates, which allowed newcomers to utilize certain parts of the game free of charge, such as playing offline and spectating matches.
A new battle-royale game mode Danger Zone, which also comes with a case of the same name with 17 community-designed skins, is now available to be played solo or in teams of two to three players.
The full changelog of the update can be found below:
[CSGO – Danger Zone]
– Introducing Danger Zone, a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO’s tactical gameplay. For more details, visit:
– Danger Zone can be played solo, or in squads of two or three players.
[FREE TO PLAY]
– CS:GO is now free to play. For more details, visit the F2P FAQ.
– All players who played CS:GO before the Danger Zone update will receive a commemorative Loyalty Badge they can display on their profile.
– All current CS:GO Players have been upgraded to Prime Status
— Prime Status continues to match you with other Prime Status players
— Additionally, your Prime Status will give you access to the new Souvenir MP5-SD | Lab Rats (available by earning XP while playing Danger Zone matches) and the new Danger Zone case.
[Danger Zone Case]
– Introducing the Danger Zone Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Horizon Knives as rare special items.